Sacred Bones Records celebrates its 15th anniversary this year with a covers compilation and anniversary show in New York City. On May 27, the label will release Todo Muere SBXV, which features Sacred Bones artists covering other Sacred Bones artists, including Boris covering SQÜRL, Thou, Emma Ruth Rundle and Mizmor tackling a Zola Jesus track, and Institute covering Spellling. Two tracks are now available to hear: Marissa Nadler’s cover of David Lynch’s “Cold Wind Blowin'” and The Hunt’s take on Zola Jesus’ “I Can’t Stand.” Hear them both below.
Also, on May 28 at Knockdown Center in New York City, Sacred Bones is hosting a 15th anniversary live show featuring a number of bands on the roster, including The Men, Spellling, Anika, Uniform, Black Marble and SQÜRL, with more to be announced.
Todo Muere SBXV tracklist:
• Boris – Funnel of Love (orig. SQÜRL)
• Anika – Godstar (orig. Psychic TV)
• The Hunt – I Can’t Stand (orig. Zola Jesus)
• Constant Smiles – Spells (orig. Jenny Hval)
• Dean Hurley – Our Day Will Come (orig. Mort Garson)
• Domingæ – Change (orig. Anika)
• Thou, Mizmor, and Emma Ruth Rundle – Night (orig. Zola Jesus)
• Hilary Woods – In Heaven (orig. David Lynch)
• Institute – Boys at School (orig. SPELLLING)
• Marissa Nadler – Cold Wind Blowin’ (orig. David Lynch)
• The Holydrug Couple – Coca Cola Blues (orig. Psychic Ills)
Read our recent Greatest Hits feature on the best Marissa Nadler songs, as chosen by Marissa Nadler.